Our client is a software company that provides services to many industries, including financial services, insurance, banking, software development, and others. They are headquartered in Atlanta, USA and having branch offices at Canada, Argentina and India.
They are looking for a Sr Fullstack Developer (React.JS/PHP) with Performance Engineering knowledge and focus on the frontend, to join the team for a global cosmetics and beauty firm.
About the role:
- You will join a team of skilled performance engineers working on speeding up our core front end components across our branded e-commerce websites, with a focus on creating beautiful and performant front end experiences and a best-in-class user experience.
- You will work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally.
- You’ll work alongside highly experienced and talented product owners, scrum masters, QA, designers & developers to analyze, architect, & build solutions based on business needs.
- You’ll work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively.
- You have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and good presentation skills.
- You’ll work with experienced and talented people all over the world.
- Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own.
- Work closely with product teams and brand creative teams to translate designs into websites that maintain the brand’s unique identity.
- Define best practices & solutions to improve the design QA process and communicate performance best practices to brand creative teams.
- Work closely with product owners to define scalable technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products.
- Troubleshoot & problem solve when urgent performance solutions are needed.
- Audit websites for performance optimization, and present the results in the cross-functional team environment.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment developing and executing against immediate and long term incremental programs.
- Make effective tradeo-ffs between design and performance considering business priorities, but always with the user experience in mind.
- Advise web engineering teams on key technical performance and optimization considerations and best practices.
- Work with Data/Analytics team on ensure assets are trackable for reporting and insights initiatives.
- Work with partners and vendors (ex. Tealium, Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Github,Optimizely) to ensure each initiative delivers maximum impact to customers across all websites and data platforms.
- Generate performance reports, competitive analysis and benchmarks for internal partners using our best-in-class performance and optimization digital solution platforms.
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving performance best practices.
- Find performance issues before users experience them.
- Police and standardise performance budgets, scorecards and KPIs.
- Monitor and measure complex multi-step user flows on our customers’ websites and applications using a full browser and a script recorder.
- Track mobile and desktop experiences and performance over time, over any network connection.
- Keep an eye on and optimize 3rd party tags and identify slow and error-causing external scripts.
- Run tests with highly customizable configurations on any device type, connection speeds, and viewports.
- Develop, share, and set the bar for high quality in web performance engineering.
- Upper-intermediate or Advanced English level (written/spoken)
- Exp. with projects at enterprise scale and with global teams.
- Exp. with PHP (PHP framework exp. with Laravel, Drupal or other CMS PHP frameworks). Should understand web standards, code quality when writing code for better performance results). Additionally the candidate should understand performance and how to work in writing good code for improved performance results.
- Good understanding of UI/UX (note, will not be designing but need to understand how UI/UX decisions impact performance and be able to make suggestions on how to improve performance
- You have experience with PHP, and are not afraid to get into some smaller backend tasks Basic understanding of PHP, they will not be BE dev (Focus will be on the FE and less BE)
- Exp. with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github) & provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker)
- Responsive/Adaptive Design, Cross-Browser Development
- Content Management Systems
- Exp. to common performance tools (DevTools, Rigor, Webpagetest.org, mPulse)
- Testing/Debugging, Git/Version Control, DevTools inside and out
- A huge bonus skill: understanding of Google Analytics, CDNs and custom HTTP headers
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to explore new technologies and APIs and how to make them more performant
- Can speak authoritatively on many of the technical aspects
- Have incredible communication skills and are a joy to work with
- Find improving performance engineering standards, tooling, and processes rewarding
- Uphold best practices in performance optimization and user experience
- Hold yourself and others to a high level of accountability
- Can effectively debug complex performance problems across the whole stack
- Exp. with PHP, and not afraid to get into some smaller backend tasks (Focus is primarily on FE and less BE)
- Able to pivot & problem-solve when blocked
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Passionate about debugging code and elaborate with web engineers
- How to make the cleaner and more performant
- Pro-active ability and a self-starter attitude to troubleshoot and solve performance problems
- Positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- Experience working in an Agile team and using Jira
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions and presenting to a room
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
Place of work: Remote. Anywhere from LatAm, USA, Canada
Contract Type: Full time - Contractor. Long-term.
1) Technical Interview (60 min)
2) HR Interview (30')
3) Technical Interview with client (60 min)
Pago en USD
- USD payment
- 7 personal days off a year (paid)
- 3 week vacation (yearly - unpaid time off)
Fecha Publicación: 25-01-2023