Our client is a 100% distributed studio. There are no physical offices, everyone is remotely scattered across the globe - they work from the comfort of their homes! To them, happiness is the result of being able to embrace flexible hours, and working on tasks that are meaningful. They don’t think that a great job should require you to uproot your life and your family, or that a life event should force you out of a great job. They want to work with great people no matter where your life takes you.
Their roles are full-time positions and are not the stereotypical boring freelance job where you engage with one manager. You will experience a brand new work methodology as you work in real-time with dozens of talents across the globe!
They are looking for a VFX Artist to create captivating real-time effects that delight their players, and reward their deeper engagement, while clearly communicating in-game information. In collaboration with the Creative Team, you will design effects for their casual games, social casino games, metagame promotions, and live operations features, with opportunities to design effects schema for entire new apps. As a self-starting professional, you will take pride in delivering highly performant solutions and enjoy pushing your technical skills to new limits, with the support of your Technical Art and Engineering colleagues. You’ll have a passion for play, a healthy respect for their players, and you won’t take no for an answer when it comes to making their games better. Needless to say, you will have experience working with 3D packages and in-game FX systems to create a wide range of VFX, as well as a general understanding of good game play communication. A solid grasp of the principles of motion, anticipation, dynamics, follow-through, lighting, and other facets of animation is essential, as well as skill in creating the textures and geometry needed for stylized VFX.
- Design and create captivating and highly performant visual effects for both Facebook and Mobile games using Photoshop, Maya, and in-game FX systems including Unity, Timeline Effects and other tools
- Execute concept and production designs, working side-by-side with the rest of the Technical and Creative team
- Work closely with Producers and Product Owners to ensure that projects meet the client's standard of excellence, satisfy marketing goals, and meet publishing schedules
- Collaborate and communicate with the Senior VFX Artist, Chief Creative Officer and Producer(s) for the creation of concepts, presentation materials, project style-guides, and final refinements of projects through the production cycle
- Creating and formatting Unity files for hand off to developers
- Designing and maintaining clear naming conventions and organization for files, folder systems and other hand-off vehicles, and archiving assets and source files
- Predicting and managing asset file size and performance issues, and optimizing assets for file size and performance considerations
- Mentor junior VFX Artists; this includes being a source of knowledge, and the ability to convey that knowledge to your fellow VFX artists in a way that can be easily understood
- Contribute to and drive R&D with Engineers, Technical Artists and CG colleagues to maximize the client's technology potential, including exploring, testing and making recommendations for new production tools, pipelines and best-practices
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar.
- 2+ years' experience creating visual effects for both Facebook and Mobile games using Adobe Creative Suite, Maya, 3DS Max, After-Effects, and in-game FX systems including Unity, Timeline Effects and other tools and in-game FX systems
- Solid grasp of the principles of motion, anticipation, dynamics, follow-through, lighting, and other facets of animation, and previous work with real time 3d particle system (Unity preferred), physics, ribbons, shaders, solid knowledge of rendering engines
- Skill in creating from scratch the textures and geometry needed for stylized VFX
- Solid game design awareness and an exceptional game design collaborator
- Enjoy communicating and presenting your work, taking direction and feedback from stakeholders, staying organized, and managing your time effectively in a fast-paced environment
- You will have a well-organized portfolio that shows a compelling visual style, polished technical implementation and an understanding of the casual game space and narrow bandwidth environments
- A self-starter with high level of initiative, you’re proactive in finding creative and effective solutions to day-to-day problems and resolving conflicts
- A team player and mentor, you share your expertise and delight in learning new tricks of the trade
- As a social game enthusiast, you’re passionate about visual effects and driven to apply your encyclopedic knowledge of effects and the tools that create them to draw their players into a net of rewarding and exhilarating eye-candy, and help guide them through each on-screen puzzle.
- Have shipped mobile titles as a VFX artist (Unity preferred)
- Experience with Unity pipeline
- Scripting experience in C#, Python, etc
- Experience designing VFX shaders
- 2D or 3D animation experience
Place of work: Remote.
Contract type: Contractor paid in USD.
Pago en USD
- 2 week holidays
- National holidays included
Fecha Publicación: 22-04-2022