Our client was recently named one of the 2020 Best Companies to Work For in New York. Their values celebrate collaboration, different perspectives and curiosity with the goal of getting to the right answer, no matter who came up with it. They are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. They encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join their growing team so that they gain different perspectives and build the best team possible. They demand the best of themselves and each other, and never miss an opportunity to celebrate their success.
Even while they are remote, staying connected and supporting each other is key to their culture. They build their community through small group events like trivia night, cooking classes and book club. They encourage cross-functional relationships through virtual coffees. And they stay close to the business through weekly team updates and quarterly all hands meetings.
They know there are a lot of great companies out there. They focus on flexibility and empowering their team to make the right decisions for themselves. They have flexible PTO (you take vacation when you need it, not when you have earned the hours), a new work-from-anywhere policy , and an annual personal development budget that you use for what matters to you (wellness, career development, productivity at home, etc). And of course that is on top of the basics like competitive compensation (including stock options) and incredible, affordable benefits.
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, scalability, availability, and continuous deployment. You will build the platform that powers the retail experience for some of the largest brands in the world. You will use the latest tools and technologies to solve challenging and interesting problems to redefine the way people shop and how online retailers develop relationships with their customers. Above all, your work will positively impact the lives of millions of users.
What you will do:
- You will launch and support some of the coolest subscription brands in the world, impacting the lives of millions of users
- You will code, write unit tests, and collaborate with an awesome group of highly passionate engineers
- You will help our clients to get the best of our platform so we keep them being the bleeding edge of subscription programs
- You will have the opportunity to build and learn distributed systems centered around high-availability and continuous deployment
- Bachelors, or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field preferred.
- 2+ years Python developer with a focus on web apps.
- Django, Celery preferred but not required.
- Experience in Linux/UNIX environment, feeling comfortable using the console for your daily basis tasks.
- Passionate to work with new technologies, but comfortable to deal with legacy systems, giving the same love to them.
- Comfortable and meticulous when digging for deeply hidden bugs.
- Hacker by nature, we can find you on the weekends hacking up new apps.
- Passionate about leveraging the best of breed technology and eager to learn new skills.
- Proven team player and passionate about building software.
- Familiar with Google Cloud and k8s.
- Familiar using and creating docker containers.
- Previous eCommerce experience.
- Start-up and SaaS experience strongly preferred.
Place of Work: remote.
Contract Type: Contractor paid in USD
Pago en USD
- Remote work
- USD payment
- Vacations when needed!
Fecha Publicación: 22-05-2021