Our client specializes in helping their highly-skilled, global technology talent community in emerging markets, connect with hundreds of leading companies like InVision, Cloudflare, and ViacomCBS who leverage them to scale their technology teams quickly and cost-effectively.
Their talent spans six continents and is backed by investors including Generation Investment Management, SoftBank, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Spark Capital, and Google Ventures.
In this opportunity they are looking for a Senior Backend (ROR).
- Build new products and features into the StubHub ecosystem by delivering consistently high-quality software with your team
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Ability to Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to the problems
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Develop low latency, high availability, scalable and secure systems
- Partner with DevOps towards maintaining existing CI/CD pipelines and setting up new ones as per requirement
- Engage with Product Owners and Engineering Managers in defining sprint goals, acceptance criteria and release decisions
- Maintain exceptionally high standards of design and code quality at all times, including but not limited to adherence to architectural, security and scalability standards and principles applied at IZEA
- Perform code reviews and ensure quality code across your team
Qualifications and skills:
- Upper - Intermediate English
- 8+ years of exp. building well-tested, scalable, distributed, high-volume, low-latency systems
- 5+ years of application development experience with Ruby on Rails and Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Strong experience with background jobs such as Sidekiq
- 5+ years working with SQL databases (PostgreSQL & MySQL)
- Strong Experience with “NoSQL” data backends (Redis, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Extensive experience with REST API Design and knowledge of oAuth2.0, JSONAPI, GraphQL, JWT, third party integrations (Shopify, Google Analytics, WooCommerce etc).
Handy to have:
- Strong exp. in building container images using tools like Docker
- Agile literate and strong standards for coding and test coverage (TDD, BDD)
- Proficient understanding of GitHub
- Exp. in building microservices and consuming data from 3rd party APIs and building large-scale distributed platforms
- Exp. with payment processors (Stripe, PayPal) and/or integrations with Plaid and Stripe Connect
- Prior exp. working on SaaS products
- Exp. with Jira and Confluence
- Metaprogramming skills
Place of work: Worldwide - 5-6 hrs overlap with EST.
Contract type: Full time - Contractor
Salary: Up to $5000 - $8500 USD
- HackerRank Challenge
- Resume Review
- 1hr Tech/Cultural Interview
Pago en USD
Fecha Publicación: 30-05-2022